Project: Discovery Channel called on my team at The Regan Group to develop its first-ever interactive fantasy game to drive tune-in and engage viewers for its always-popular Animal Planet Puppy Bowl X (2014), their adorable version of the “other” big game.
We developed a platform that allowed users to…
- Browse through puppies and add them to their team
- Share their puppy team with friends
- Compare their team’s “score” to those of Facebook friends who participated
- On game day, users received multiple notifications reminding them to watch the game and check their team’s performance
The Puppy Bowl Fantasy Game was as successful as it was cute:
- The platform TRG created helped Animal Planet’s ad sales team land a Puppy Bowl a marquee sponsor (AT&T) just before it launched.
- 12,269 teams created
- 7,834 shares on Facebook
- 958 shares on Twitter
- 102,661 page views
- The Puppy Bowl itself saw a record 13.5 MM viewers!