Here was the challenge presented to my team at TRG: support the launch of Titanfall, Electronic Arts’ huge new Xbox One and PC game that was an enormous hit at E3 and other events, as it was released through the ever-important Walmart account channel.
The solution? Creating a Titanfall Giveaway sweepstakes program as engaging as the game itself.
- A Parallax-enabled responsive microsite gave users a motion-filled, nearly explosive experience that echoed the game
- Other actions earned them bonus sweepstakes entries – like following our promotional partner, 5-Hour Energy, on Twitter and Facebook, and by watching special Titanfall video content
The prize pool was a gamer’s quick-twitch dream:
- Second prizes: Titanfall Collector’s Editions, gamer’s guides and 5-Hour Energy
- First Prize: an “ultimate gamer’s package” with a 65” SurroundSound TV, an Xbox all-in-one entertainment system, a year’s worth of EA Xbox titles and a half year’s worth of 5-Hour Energy
- The Grand Prize: a trip to San Francisco for the winner and 3 friends featuring a guided tour of EA HQ, spending cash and a year’s supply of 5-Hour Energy
The results? Conversion rates of +70%, with 700,000 entries in the first week after launch!