I consulted at City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, CA, one of the nation’s foremost research and treatment institutions in the fight against cancer and other deadly diseases. For 6 months, I served as pro tem Executive Director, Creative Planning & Strategy.
My accomplishments there included…
- Reworking their entire website’s primary content (180+ pages) to be branding and SEO-compliant, and advising on UX/UI enhancements to align to new branding and with content/inbound marketing best practices.
- Developing new design/writing guidelines for content.
- Managing outside agencies and consultants on inbound marketing implementation, including persona development and platform evaluation.
- Creating their first integrated content calendar to drive cross-team integration across web, social media and other content implementations.
- Leading re-design and editing for donor communications, including their donor magazine, CityNews.
- Revamping the internal creative studio and establishing newer, more efficient intake and delivery processes.
- Implementing their first awareness-targeted email campaign to drive virality and nationwide visibility.
- Writing scores of content, advertising and marketing elements, from patient education brochures to videos, ads, email newsletters and more.
- Developing various stakeholder and internal communications campaigns, such as this one for their Advance Directive initiative: