CASE STUDY DESCRIPTION:
Whip up awareness of Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day with a sparkling-clean new online user-generated-content promotion idea, working through XM agency Onboard Experiential.
- We came up with the “Get Messy!” contest, where consumers were asked to enter via Twitter, Facebook or email, and to upload a picture of their biggest household cleanup challenge to our microsite
- Site visitors could vote for the “best mess” to determine a Grand Prize winner in each of three phases over the eight-week program:
- An Arts & Crafts “creativity station” with an in-home wall installation, a full stock of supplies and a deluxe arts and crafts party for the winner and up to 30 guests
- A Kitchen package with a new refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and rangetop oven, along with a deluxe party for up to 30 guests
- A Garden package awarded a custom greenhouse, garden boxes and sustainable watering system, plus planting of the first year’s crop
- The program drew over 66,000 visitors , and nearly 800 of them took the time to shoot and upload their “Get Messy!” photos, with 13,000+ votes cast to determine winners