CASE STUDY DESCRIPTION:
Support the launch of Titanfall, Electronic Arts’ huge new Xbox One and PC game that was an enormous hit at E3 and other events, as it was released through the critical Walmart account channel.
I concepted and led development of a a sweepstakes program as engaging as the game itself:
- A Parallax-enabled HTML5 responsive microsite gave users a motion-filled, explosive experience that echoed the game
- Other actions earned them bonus sweepstakes entries – like following our promotional partner, 5-Hour Energy, on Twitter and Facebook, and by watching special Titanfall video content
- The prize pool was a gamer’s quick-twitch dream:
- Second prizes: Titanfall Collector’s Editions, gamer’s guides and 5-Hour Energy
- First Prize: an “ultimate gamer’s package” with a 65” SurroundSound TV, an Xbox all-in-one entertainment system, a year’s worth of EA Xbox titles and a half year’s worth of 5-Hour Energy
- The Grand Prize: a trip to San Francisco for a winner and 3 friends featuring a guided tour of EA HQ, spending cash and a year’s supply of 5-Hour Energy
- Results were, in a word, titanic – with a +60% conversion rate!