CASE STUDY DESCRIPTION:
The Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen chain asks us regularly to come up with truly fun, offbeat and innovative social media sweepstakes…and for their 50th anniversary, they wanted another rewarding experience for consumers.
- I concepted, and my team delivered, a whimsical Facebook-page-based quiz that spanned the decades and gave users a reason to keep re-visiting:
- Six weeks of prizing and engagement, each week refreshed with a different decade (60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, today)
- Users who LIKE’d the page were brought to a sweepstakes entry page and asked 4-5 questions based on that decade’s cultural (and Villa) trivia
- A cap was set for the number of times a user could enter the sweepstakes pool each week—but they could play the quiz as much as they like!
- They could share the game with their Facebook friends
- TRG picked weekly prize winners and one Grand Prize winner
- Weekly prizes were themed by decade — like a USB turntable for Sixties Week, an XBox with virtual arcade games for Eighties Week, and so on
- The sticky quiz format kept people on the site 61-180 seconds, well above average promotion engagement; the program tallied 7,400+ new Facebook LIKEs, 96,000+ entries, 2,900+ email opt-ins, and 3,800.000+ total impressions